Handle Recruitment is seeking a Senior Events Operations Manager to join a global B2B events organisation.
As a Senior Operations Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out all operational event organising duties, utilising a hands-on approach for events where necessary and agreed with the Operations Director.
- Managing your team and their delivery for all exhibitions & conferences within your portfolio, along with monitoring any Local Operations Managers, and all contractors.
- Management of the conference look and feel to a high standard, to include but not limited to: AV, sound, lighting, branding, catering.
- To co-ordinate and ensure, that "best practice" standards are being met and that Health, Safety and Security procedures are in place and working on all shows, including but not limited to the completion of Event safety plan, risk assessments and fire risk assessments.
- Understanding all aspects of the operational risks in detail and managing these throughout the event cycle and onsite.
- To ensure problem-free planning, exhibitor liaison, build-up, open days and breakdown for each event, providing the best possible customer service for our exhibitors and visitors.
- In partnership with the Operations Director, formulate and fully control and operational budget.
- Ensure there is a scheduled customer communications plan, alongside the Customer Success dept. advising delegates, exhibitors and sponsors at key stages of the event cycle.
- To ensure that floorplan layouts meet the requirements of the individual exhibition based on their objectives and strategy.
- To be responsible for managing and training any freelance/temporary members of the operations team.
- Ensure the training, development and appraising (on a regular basis) of all operations staff, within the agreed portfolio
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven experience within Event Operations, managing both Large Scale Exhibitions and high-level Conferences globally
- Detailed Conference production experience and knowledge
- Team management / Line management experience
- Proven experience of budget management and efficiencies
- IOSH Managing Safely certificate
- Event risk management & awareness
Please get in touch or apply now for a further conversation!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.