Senior Finance Analyst (Cost) - Leading Entertainment - Central London
A newly role within a leading entertainment client has opened up for a Senior Finance Analyst. The role is an exciting opportunity to join the finance team as a senior analyst to own a variety of accounting, reporting and planning responsibilities to deliver accurate, timely results; insight to commercial teams in the business; and model future projected performance.
- Analyse actual results against budget, forecast and prior year providing insightful commentary on variances
- Support the analyst on consolidating management accounts from source financial information in multiple systems taking account of varying currencies and inter company eliminations between the business units within the division
- Support the analyst on submission of business unit results in the consolidation system for relevant business units and reconciliation of submissions to supporting management packs.
- Own recognition of brand, marketing, capital and operating expenditure for the division including analysis of progression against budget/forecast.
- Support the analyst in classifying and accruing such costs in accordance with group accounting policy and GAAP.
- Oversee the multiple intercompany trading relationships ensuring correct application of intercompany deal terms and policy.
- Review journal entries made by the analyst to ensure accuracy and compliance with internal control framework.
- Day to day contact with brand and marketing teams providing analysis on an as needed basis to inform and influence campaigns run by these teams globally.
- Develop insightful analysis of global brand performance to enable timely, recurring information is provided to brand leads to influence future content and promotional strategy.
- Develop analytics and dashboards over time using software such as Power BI to drive improved KPI tracking and the quality of information sharing with the brand, marketing and production teams.
- Modelling of 3-year capital and operating expense budgets and quarterly re-forecasts including data manipulation and analytics from source system information.
- Work closely with the commercial teams to derive, model and explain assumptions used in expense projections ensuring that teams are sufficiently challenged to yield ambitious but achievable targets.
- Support analyst on submissions of the budgets into the consolidation system ensuring submissions accurately reconcile to the budget models
- Ideally fully qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- Previous experience working within a similar role
- A background within a Creative business is highly desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Excel and preferably analytics software as Power BI
- Positive attitude and team-oriented
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.