Senior Finance Analyst - Growing Retail - London
I am looking to speak to qualified Finance Analysts looking for their next move within the Fashion and Retail industry. This Finance Analyst will be responsible for the end-to-end returns process including budgeting and forecasting, the month-end actual process, and supporting with ad hoc internal analysis and external reporting requests.
- Acting as a finance business partner, supporting the business to deliver profit targets
- Work with the business to ensure correct and accurate end to end accounting, including cost controls, accruals required, accurate balance sheet reconciliations and ensure data integrity of information
- Work with the business to understand any business initiatives and associated change impacts from requirements through to successful implementation
- Understand the business processes, including related risks and controls
- Ensure correct accounting treatment in accordance with IFRS, being pro-active to review and challenge
- Responsible for the preparation, review, challenge and continuous improvement of robust and accurate balance sheet reconciliations
- Forecasting on monthly/weekly basis, with continual focus on improving forecasting accuracy and efficiency
- Analysing movements between forecast and actuals/last year
- Produce timely, accurate and insightful reporting and analysis
- Ad hoc analysis and scenario modelling to inform business decision making
- Ensure appropriate and robust financial control environment, spanning from the posting of journals to assisting with supporting documentation for the external audit
- An accounting qualification (preferably CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- A background within Retail/Fashion/FMCG would be beneficial
- Business partnering experience.
- A proven ability to plan and prioritise own workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.