Handle Recruitment are partnering with a marketing and communications business in search of a Senior Finance Manager for their Buckinghamshire based finance team.
This is an excellent newly created role that will work directly alongside the Finance Director, managing a team of 5-6 Management Accountants.
- Whilst this role heads up management accounting (which is responsible for the accounting; P&L and Balance sheet, down to Gross Profit) - this role will also act as the FD's number 2 for reporting and the close and will have overall responsibility for the whole of the close and reporting
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing/credit note issuance, general ledger journal postings, revenue recognition, analysis and reconciliation of relevant clients/projects - requires data input into accounting system especially during month end and year end reporting
- Liaise with Project Management teams, Financial Accounts, Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable to ensure accuracy
- Ensure data integrity within accounting system and correct set up of new programmes
- Assist with forecasting and budgeting
- Work with FD and other teams to ensure SOX compliance
- Assist with new System upgrade
- Month end and reporting improvements - re-engineering the month end close
- Coaching and developing new team into genuine business partners and ensure success planning
- Revenue recognition - SOS 6 - review of contracts and revenue to ensure compliance with revenue recognition
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA preferred with practice experience and at least 2-3 years' experience in commerce managing a month end
- Change management experience - no afraid to challenge the status-quo
- Strong Office management skills
- IT literate including the ability to use and understand Finance systems and complex spreadsheets
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Highly organised with ability to plan, monitor and deliver work to deadlines
- Strong technical accounting of US GAAP
Please feel free to get in touch to learn more about this superb role.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.