Senior Finance Manager, Sports & Business Analysis - TV
Global TV brand are looking for a qualified ACA, CIMA, ACCA Senior Finance Manager. This is a management role that provides senior financial support for the companies Sports Division. The post holder will work across all budgeting, cost control, cash management and take responsibility for the operational aspects of all financial inflows and outflows relating to the Sports Division.
The role will also be dedicated to business analysis and incorporate various longer term and ad hoc assignments providing input into the budget, forecast, 3 year business plan, margin and profit analysis, new business ventures, pricing and cost allocation, capital analysis and other financial, commercial & strategic projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Director of Sport and the Finance Director, prepare the annual budgets, business plans, quarterly forecasts and Quarterly Performance Review
- Produce workings for and review the monthly management accounts.
- Working alongside the Head of Production assist with event budget management, effectively cost track projects, including monitoring spend thereby ensuring all projects remain within budget.
- Lead on and/or input into decisions regarding the financial performance of projects.
- Allocate funding and overheads against production budgets. Review and monitor budgets in conjunction with the Head of Production ensuring margin and profits are maximised
- Report financial performance and work with the Senior Management team to identify relevant KPIs, reporting on these KPIs and monitoring progress.
- Produce detailed cashflow forecasting for each sporting event
- Establish robust financial controls to ensure compliance with relevant financial and legal policies and obligations (multi-territory)
- Manage Production Accountant in conjunction with the Head of Production
- Management responsibility for all financial operations of the projects to facilitate broadcast operations and event delivery within budget.
- Accountable for resolving all financial issues commensurate with the role.
- Effective financial management of all project finances.
- Establish and deliver regular budget, forecast and cash flow management reports for Sport
- Jointly accountable with senior colleagues for delivering demonstrable value for money of all project finances and to help identify cost efficiencies.
- Worldwide travel / weekend work may be required.
- Attendance at major events may be required in addition to being available for pre and post event preparation/debrief.
- Devise dashboards, financial information and KPIs that provide insightful and meaningful analysis
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly forecast, the annual budget & 3 year plan, providing analysis as directed
- Facilitate analysis to determine validity of pricing across the business and appropriate profit margins
- To provide financial input and analysis for key commercial decision making:
- Responsible for building sophisticated models, appraising financials and due diligence on new deals and investments where applicable
- Provide timely and relevant financial analysis for strategic analysis
- Help identify and implement cost savings and drive efficiencies in all businesses' operations
- Establish great working relationships with all finance and management teams
Qualifications & Skills:
- A qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA accountant ideally with at least 5 years PQE
- Excellent Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Extensive experience of financial planning & management of large-scale live events, Television or Sports Productions budgets
- Experience of large-scale sports Outside Broadcasts desirable but not essential
- Experience of the hands-on management of multi-million-pound budgets
- Experience of working in large diverse teams ideally with multi-territory experience
- Financial and business analysis experience - of projects, investments and business operations
- Interest in and knowledge of sport generally
- Position based in London but must be willing and able to travel
- Ability to demonstrate our company values - Trust, Innovation and Collaboration.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.