An exciting opportunity for a Senior Finance Analyst has arisen with one of our World Leading Retail Clients in London. This is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract, starting February/March 2018 to cover a maternity leave. If you have working experience as a Senior Finance Analyst, and are interested in the opportunity, please get in touch straight away:
Overall purpose of the role:
The Senior Finance Analyst will be responsible for providing finance support to all Capital investment opportunities of the business. Working with the Financial Planning Manager you will be responsible for tracking and controlling all fixed costs within the business in order improve cost effectiveness and ultimately deliver value to the P&L bottom line:
- Oversee and support the Assistant Financial Analyst
- Responsible for the analysis & appraisal of all capital investment opportunities including the preparation and co-ordination of Capital Approval Requests documents.
- Key finance representative for the monthly Property/investment meetings
- Support the committee with all relevant financial analysis
- Specifically responsible for the forecasting and budgeting of all fixed costs lines. This includes Rent, Property tax and Depreciation
- Work with key stakeholders to pull together the capital investment budget
- For all cost responsibilities; present actual performance to cost centre owners on a monthly & quarterly basis.
- Work with cost centre owners to identify opportunities and/or risks to the P&L forecast with the aim of adding value to the P&L bottom line
- Prepare and present actual capital spend Vs forecast to the Finance Director on a monthly basis and to the wider business on a quarterly basis
- Responsible for the preparation of the quarterly model & annual lease commitment schedules
- Work with the wider Regional finance team and the market to understand cost line variances to prior year, previous forecast and budget and the P&L.
- To identify opportunities for process improvement in the team, and to lead the implementation and improvements in the standard processes of the Commercial Finance Team
- Assist in ad hoc projects as agreed by financial management team
- Additional duties, responsibilities and ad hoc projects as required
- Qualified ACA or CIMA (or equivalent) with strong demonstrable accounting and analytical skills
- Proven experience of working in a Finance function at Senior Analyst level
- Retail or Property Background (desirable)
- Proven experience of SAP (desirable)
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.