We're currently looking for a Mid / Senior Front-End developer to join the team in our London studio.
You will be reporting directly to the Technical Lead and will be working across different products spanning websites, platforms, custom portals and Alexa skills.
You will work closely with our development, design, strategy and user experience teams and help them deliver high-quality work. You will work alongside our Head of Design & Strategist to help refine the process between development and design, again to enable us to build the best possible product and increase efficiencies.
We're also looking for someone who is passionate about their work and are keen to promote good practices and new ideas with the wider team.
The role requires multiple skills that span development, user experience, product design and innovation, and research into new technologies along with some client facing skills.
- Ability and passion to solve complex problems
- Contribute to improvement of development practices and standards
- Evaluate how different technologies and frameworks can be used in order to deliver the best possible solutions
- Evangelise accessibility, best coding practices and clean code
- Take ownership and lead on the overall front-end implementation of technical solutions you work on
- Consult with the client on technical solutions where relevant
- Work closely with our clients to solve challenges at the core of their business
- Help evolve our development, delivery processes and practices
- Work closely with our Tech Lead and Senior Project Managers to continuously assess the status of our projects and plan the support required across the team
- Work alongside our Product Management team to help plan, unblock work and help continuously assess the status of our projects
- Become a trusted mentor for more junior members of the company
- Experience working closely with the product design team (UX / UI)
- An eye for design. Helping to deliver the best UX possible
- Experience working with cross discipline teams
- Adept at developing alone or as part of a team
- Experience in working with lean methodologies in both Kanban and Scrum
- Good time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to break complex problems in smaller tasks
- Experience in task estimation
- React or Vue
- CSS (SASS)
- Integrating with REST APIs
- Redux (or similar)
Nice to haves
- Experience configuring CI tools (we use CircleCI)
- NextJS or Gatsby
- Experience using AWS cloud services
- Management of AWS cloud services
- Serverless technologies
- Amazon ASK SDK
- Amazon CLI
- MSSQL / MySQL / NoSQL
- Terraform or CloudFormation
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.