Senior Java Developer - Media / Broadcast - Java 8
We currently have a Senior Java Developer role available for a global Media / broadcast company.
They is a great opportunity working on a high profile project with flexibility to use modern frameworks including Java 8.
- Java 8
- Non-blocking / asynchronous style of programming / Frameworks such as Vert.x / RxJava or similar
- AWS based infrastructure (EC2, Opsworks, S3)
- High performant storage solutions: ElasticSearch, Redis, etc
- Video transcoding and streaming services (encoding.com, video CDNs)
- Fluent in Java (preferably Java 8) and common Java-based frameworks
- Design and development of REST-based APIs
- Service based architectures
- vert.x, RxJava etc
- NoSQL and SQL-based Modeling
- consuming side of REST-based APIs (mobile apps, modern web based apps)
- Gradle, Go, Docker, Vagrant, Git
- Junit, Geb, Spock
- Deployment to PaaS-type environments (EC2 or similar)
Nice to Have's:
- Exposure to VoD/OTT/TVE type of services
- JVM-based languages (Scala, Groovy, Clojure, JRuby, Jython)
- Video related technologies
- Kanban and/or scrum based development processes
If you feel you skill set matches the above requirements, please send your CV through or contact Robert on 0207569 9971.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.