Lead Java Developer - Media / Broadcast - Java 8
This permanent position will be working with a fantastic client of ours, who is an international broadcaster.
There are a lot of interesting projects happening. Primarily you would be focused on building high-profile VOD project with flexibility to use modern frameworks.
Offices based near Hammersmith. Relaxed office enviroment, casual dresscode, table football, pool table and regular social events. Flexi working hours, and 1 day a week working from home.
- Java 8
- Non-blocking / asynchronous style of programming / Frameworks such as Vert.x / RxJava or similar
- AWS based infrastructure (EC2, Opsworks, S3)
- High performing storage solutions: ElasticSearch, Redis, etc
- Video transcoding and streaming services (encoding.com, video CDNs)
- Fluent in Java (preferably Java 8) and common Java-based frameworks
- Design and development of REST-based APIs
- Service based architectures
- vert.x, RxJava etc
- NoSQL and SQL-based Modeling
- consuming side of REST-based APIs (mobile apps, modern web based apps)
- Gradle, Go, Docker, Vagrant, Git
- Junit, Geb, Spock
- Deployment to PaaS-type environments (EC2 or similar)
Nice to Have's:
- Exposure to VoD/OTT/TVE type of services
- JVM-based languages (Scala, Groovy, Clojure, JRuby, Jython)
- Video related technologies
- Kanban and/or scrum based development processes
If you feel you skill set matches the above requirements, please send your CV through or contact Robert on 0207569 9971.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.