Handle are currently supporting a fast growing media business with their search for a qualified (ACCA,CIMA,ACA) Senior Management Accountant to join them on a 3-6 month contract. If performing well it is very likely that this role will be extended or go permanent.
Our client seek a hands on Senior Management Accountant with very strong month end experience.
Reporting to the Head of Management Accounting and managing two junior staff, day to day duties for the role will include:
- Ensuring prompt and accurate month end reporting
- Production of Balance Sheet reconciliations within agreed timescales to ensure controls compliance
- Adoption and monitoring of financial reporting standards across the group, ensuring accounting policies, controls and procedures are reviewed and updated to facilitate seamless adoption and ongoing control
- Improving systems and procedures, to maintain a reliable and consistent reporting & control environment
- Assisting with the training and mentoring of junior and new finance staff members
- Production of ad hoc reports and analysis based on business requirements
- Assisting with the onboarding of new entities, including monthly reporting, making sure all costs are identified, liaising with functional departments both at entity and group level, ensuring all information is captured
- Liaising with external consultants/advisors to ensure timely filings of tax computations, statutory accounts, indirect taxes (included foreign subsidiaries)
- Assisting in the statutory audit process from the beginning to the end for all the entities in the group, including:
- Preparation of supporting schedules as requested by the auditors and resolution of audit queries
- Review of statutory accounts prepared under FRS 102 and provision of feedback comments and amendments
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Management Accountant to join a fast paced business at a very exciting time. Applicants must be fully qualified and have experience working in hands on roles in business undergoing change.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.