An industry leading and highly reputable publishing business are currently seeking a newly qualified management accountant to join their team in Central London. Working alongside multiple stakeholders across the business, you will ensure the timely provision of financial expertise and management information to aid commercial decision making.
- Produce monthly financial reporting for specified publications/departments to strict deadlines whilst ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Oversee, with the assistance of a junior member of staff, the month end close of all production costs across all brands. This role will be the first point of contact for answering queries and explaining variances to budget/forecast at month end.
- Work with senior stakeholders on sales and advertising in order to calculate, communicate and review quarterly commission payments to all sales staff. The role will be the contact point for all commission queries.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable to ensure costs are correctly entered and allocated. Use sound judgment to estimate month end accruals/prepayments, gather supporting information and post appropriate journals.
- Reconcile relevant balance sheet accounts after each month end and constant monitoring of any risks or opportunities arising from these reconciliations.
- Maintain effective communication with Commercial Finance team and Finance Control team of all results. Identify and communicate any risks or issues on a timely basis.
- Be proactive to identify inefficiencies in all processes, communicating impacts to all the impacted business functional departments and proposing solutions.
In order to be considered for this position, you will have recently qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA and take a real interest in print and digital media. The ability to build relationships across the business in key and consequently you will be a confident communicator.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.