Job Title: Senior Manager
Reports to: Director
Location: London, United Kingdom
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000
1. Purpose of job
A leading London-based arts management company seeks an experienced professional to build and lead a new team (department name TBC) tasked with developing digital and 'owned media' strategies for the agency's impressive roster of clients. Reporting to and working closely with the Director overseeing the initiative, the Senior Manager will be responsible for hiring and line managing new recruits, defining roles and processes, and leading select high-value accounts and projects with the support of the team.
2. Key responsibilities
- hire and manage staff, building a team with complementary skill sets and a desire to excel within the company
- lead client marketing, recruitment, and onboarding
- supervise the team's creation of digital and 'owned media' campaigns for the company's clients, ensuring that the work is done is to a consistently high standard
- deliver on division growth and income targets
- oversee division operations, setting processes and best practices
- cultivate and maintain relationships with vendors and strategic partners
- direct select accounts and priority projects with the support of the team
- educate colleagues across departments to achieve greater company-wide fluency in branding, marketing, and media
- be a strong ambassador for the company and its clients, and represent the company at conferences and on committees as required
- travel on business and attend performances as needed, both in the UK and internationally, sometimes on nights and weekends
3. Person specification
- minimum 3 years of experience working in marketing or digital media within the classical music sector
- prior leadership experience with the ability to manage and inspire a team to achieve results
- excellent interpersonal skills and a broad range of contacts within the classical music industry and, ideally, the technology sector
- in-depth understanding of classical music artists and repertoire
- demonstrated record of delivering on client expectations and managing long-term relationships with artists and their career stakeholders
- understanding of content ideation, storyboarding, production, and distribution
- experience using website content management systems, such as Wordpress and Squarespace, and email marketing software including MailChimp and Campaign Monitor
- demonstrated success in artist marketing on music e-commerce platforms including Apple Music and Spotify
- proficiency in creating high-performing social media ad campaigns, particularly on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
- ability to interpret website and social media analytics with tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook and Instagram Insights, and to use findings to inform strategies
- strong branding, design, and artistic sense and proven ability to communicate conceptual ideas to artists, designers, developers, and other members of a team
- demonstrated track record of working with designers and web developers to deliver projects from start to finish in a timely fashion
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to listen; basic financial literacy and a track record of meeting growth targets; and the ability to think clearly, quickly, and creatively.
Posting date for advert - 3 July 2019. Closing date for applications - 1 August 2019.
Please be aware that by applying for this role your data may be retained by the company and processed in accordance with its data policy. For further details please speak to the agency.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.