Fantastic opportunity to join this leading broadcaster. Reporting to the VP Communications, the Senior Manager will lead corporate communications activity and media relations for the Pay TV channel brands in the UK.
* Support development and execution of corporate communications strategy for the channel brands in the UK.
* Lead delivery of corporate profile opportunities for identified members of the UK SMT, including COO and CMO.
* Lead UK media relations, developing contacts with relevant trade and B2B media to proactively deliver corporate profile.
* Lead corporate communications (excluding internal) for the pay brands in the UK, including corporate profile opportunities for key executives including local brand leads.
* Line-manage the Senior Communications Executive and oversee: liaison with key senior executives; delivery of a regular feed of news stories for external purposes; drafting of relevant talking points, Q&A and presentations as required.
* Maintain a corporate communications diary to forward plan corporate communications activity and co-ordinate across brands.
* Lead on issues management, working with the brand PR teams.
* Lead on crisis management for events based in the UK.
* Proven record of corporate communications experience in related field, including senior executive counsel.
* Very strong written communications skills; experience of drafting messaging, press releases, comment, presentations.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Strong contacts with relevant media.
* Track record of leading on issues and crisis management, particularly relating to content.
* Knowledge of social media and emerging digital media ecology.
* Knowledge of media/entertainment and broadcast industry issues.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.