Handle Recruitment are excited to be partnering with one of the largest B2B events organisations in London to recruit a passionate and dynamic Senior Operations Executive to join their busy and ambitious team.
This role will primarily focus on the operational delivery for conferences and exhibitions for one of their most successful portfolios as well as working closely on a strategic level with the portfolio MD to ensure smooth delivery of all events so that any risks and opportunities are fully managed.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the operational delivery of a number of events worldwide per year from conception to completion.
- Management of event costs to ensure events are delivered to set and agreed budgets.
- Contract negotiation with venues and suppliers.
- Managing contractors and suppliers including sourcing and appointing new contractors to ensure centralised buying opportunities are maximised.
- Coming up with innovative ideas that make their events stand out.
- Where necessary working closely with the Venues Manager to ensure all venues are sourced in timely manner and are up to portfolios expectation & budget and report back to Managing Director.
- Demonstrating clear and effective communication of ideas and processes to reporting staff.
- Managing the internal designer and the whole design process for the event signage and show guide.
- Liaising with the whole team including production, marketing, sales and finance to ensure maximum awareness of all conference elements.
- Production and timely communication of correct and detailed technical information for exhibitors.
- Managing all speaker logistics and requirements both in the run up to events, and on-site to ensure conferences run smoothly.
- Responding quickly and calmly to requests from delegates, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors pre-event and on site.
- Managing venue, catering, signage, AV and other technical suppliers.
- Identifying and assist management with improvement and implementation of best practice.
- Accurate and timely communication of cash flow for all operations costs.
- Deliver sponsor and exhibitor benefits and fulfilment of all packages as sold by the portfolios: stands, branding, bags, etc.
- Designing and managing floor plans.
- Lead and manage the on site team.
- Post show evaluation and development.
- Consideration of health, safety and environmental issues and decisions.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate strong experience of delivering high quality events and an ability to cope in high pressure situations while never taking their eye off the important details. You will possess proven experience in the international conference and exhibition industry as well as experience with budgeting, working with contractors and a knowledge of venue contracts and terms. A candidate with experience working in developing countries and Africa as well as someone with knowledge of languages, particularly French and Spanish, will be beneficial but not essential.
This is a permanent, full time position starting in April and paying between £23 - £28k DOE.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.