Senior Server & Cloud Engineer - Broadcast
We are looking for an experienced Server & Cloud Engineer for one of the world's leading broadcasters.
The Server Engineer will provide expertise for the overall systems infrastructure and its support as it relates to all IT technologies. You'll be responsible for ensuring that all areas are supported and architected in line with current and future business requirements as well as becoming a resource to a 'virtual team' for the Technology projects during both project planning and execution phases.
MSTS / MCSA /MCITP qualified, you will also have formal training in analysis tools and techniques as well as the following:
- Knowledge of Citrix / VMware/ NetBackup/ Messaging/ Cloud Infrastructure
- The ability to generate and implement procedures
- Fantastic communication skills and the ability to communicate with not only the IS team but staff at all levels across the business
- Good time management with an ability to work on a number of projects and tasks concurrently, setting your own agenda and effectively prioritising work
- Thoroughness and a real eye for detail
- The ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and work under pressure
- A creative streak
- Maintaining a very strong knowledge of Microsoft Server based operating systems with understanding of the latest versions and components to preserve a stable and controlled environment resolving issues using core-troubleshooting skills
- Implementing and Managing virtualisation technologies including VMWare, HyperV and Citrix with practical knowledge of installing, configuring and troubleshooting common issues across all three platforms
- Exchange and O365 familiarity to assist in maintaining and troubleshooting common user issues and queries
- Monitoring and proactively troubleshooting server hardware and software across mainstream vendors including Dell and Cisco, rack and chassis
- Performing key tasks related to BRS operations within an enterprise server environment with a good knowledge of the key ideas and concepts
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation covering standards, procedures and infrastructure design in a clear and concise format for personal and larger publication
- Maintaining a technical understanding of the security layers and standards that are appropriate for the risks faced by the business
- Broadcast industry experience
If you feel your skill set matches the above requirements, please send your CV through or contact Chris on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.