We are looking for someone with a proven background of server and infrastructure support in a large, complex environment to work for an international live events company, based in London.
With a sophisticated server infrastructure utilising both Windows and Linux products, this is a business that is heavily reliant on technology, and that strives to continually improve and innovate. Working as part of a talented technical team, this is a great opportunity to help maintain and develop the systems and server infrastructure environment, and to contribute towards its continual evolution.
The core focus of this role will be the maintenance and development of the business systems and server infrastructure environment. This is a large, complex environment encompassing hundreds of both physical and virtual servers, using Windows and Linux technologies. It will be a varied role, and you will split your time between day-to-day maintenance of the existing infrastructure, project work to update / upgrade / improve systems and processes, and dealing with escalations from the support team. You will need to be able to work comfortably under your own initiative, at all times ensuring that processes are followed and documentation is kept up to date.
We are looking for people who have experience in large and complicated environments, who are not only technically strong, but used to structured processes, security and change control. You will work closely with team members and third party suppliers, and will be expected to use your knowledge to contribute to decisions. You will need to be flexible in your approach, and used to working in a busy, constantly changing environment.
To be considered for the role, you must have a proven track record of commercial experience in a third line / server / infrastructure support role, and you will have supported large infrastructures running hundreds of servers. In addition, you will need to clearly demonstrate the following;
- A detailed knowledge of core Microsoft server technologies, including Windows, Active Directory and Exchange.
- Experience of Linux operating systems (Debian, Ubuntu, Red Hat), and ideally experience of configuring Linux based web servers and supporting development teams.
- Knowledge of network technologies, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS and routing, and the ability to troubleshoot network and internet connectivity issues.
- Experience of designing and implementing server infrastructure and all relevant technologies, such as high and low level topology design, high availability and infrastructure placement based on network design.
- The ability to work in a structured environment, with strong documentation skills and a solid understanding of security and change control.
We are looking for people with a positive and proactive approach, who can work effectively in a team and who are continually striving to improve. This is a great opportunity to work for a successful, market leading company and play a key role in the support and development of their technical infrastructure. For more information please contact Will Fraser at Handle Recruitment.
Server Support Infrastructure Third Line Engineer Windows Microsoft Active Directory Exchange Linus Ubuntu Debian Red Hat Web Operating Systems Network DNS DHCP TCP/IP VMware Security Documentation Server Support Infrastructure Engineer
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.