Fantastic opportunity to join this leading Kids Broadcaster.
You will ultimately have editorial control of the content output of the social channels. You need to be creative, have great new ideas, who's socially/digitally savvy and who is capable of creating, adapting and editing small bits on content and who has photoshop skills for image creation etc.
You will be responsible for developing and creating content that will increase brand awareness, generate inbound traffic, drive ratings and increase brand affinity. They are seeking a highly creative person who is forward thinking with a passion for social and breaking new ground. The Social Media Editor will understand a wide range of formats and intrinsically know what content is best suited to each social platform. A social-expert, committed to consistently understanding the social space and its rapid developments and applying it audiences' ever-changing interests and habits.
* Creating and curating content for social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) that is aligned with marketing and editorial priorities
* Encouraging brand engagement in social spaces, turning followers into fans through conversation and content
* Working with Senior Brand Manager to ensure content strategy and roll out is in line with overall marketing strategy and that there is a consistent tone of voice for our brands in the social space
* Working with channel talent to harness their communities to drive awareness
* Sourcing additional content social platforms to boost engagement e.g. video diaries, behind the scenes exclusives, talent interviews etc.
* Oversee management of all social media platforms e.g. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
* Develop and oversee management of the social media calendar
* Work across brands and products
* Management of multiple projects and stakeholders at any one time
* Management, forecasting and reporting of budgets
* Manage and develop Social Media Assistant
* Drive new ways of working, suggesting new ideas and new platforms to reach our audiences
* Keeping up to date with emerging content trends, platform tools etc. to ensure content strategy is evolving in line with audiences and the wider industry
* Impeccable copy writing skills, a writer at heart
* Experience of publishing to social media platforms
* Ability to create/edit video content and adapt for different social platforms
* Basic image manipulation skills, using Adobe Photoshop
* Ability to use social media measurement tools to adapt content and optimise engagement
* Experience of managing a direct report
* Experience of working with budgets
* Strong influencing skills
* The ability to effectively plan ahead
* A strong sense of humour
* A passion for kids TV!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.