Central London, permanent 40-55K
Handle are working with a famous publishing house to help them find a new Software Developer who will join their team on a permanent basis. The publisher have thousands of titles coming out every year in print and digital and are producing some very high quality illustrated publications.
This role requires would be best suited to an aspiring developer with good understanding and experience in publishing business.
As a Software Developer you will:
- Implementation and Test (TDD) of new code.
- Liaise with other departments and end users in order to constantly improve the product.
Skills required for Software Developer:
- Commercial experience in Publishing sector in a technical role
- Front end development for Mac environment
- InDesign Document Object Model - scripting object creation
- Experience or knowledge of Agile development pro
- Good analytical skills
"Nice to have" and extra skills:
- XML structure and transformations.
- Shell Script, Obj-C, C++ and Xcode.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Suite InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Good working knowledge of InDesign
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.