My client, one of the most recognisable names in the media world is searching for a Head of Content to drive the growth on their new but extremely successful conference events team. The primary purpose of this role will be to generate revenue annually in excess of £750k across a number of market leading events around the UK. The events have drawn in an unrivalled calibre of guest speakers and have an envious marketing team behind them.
This is a great opportunity for a senior sponsorship manager to really drive the growth of this new division. All of the events have surpassed targets in their first year and well on track to do the same again this year. Sponsorship deals range from £25-150k so experience in negotiating high value deals is a must.
- Ensuring maximum possible delivery against sales targets across the entire portfolio through the management and growth of key accounts and generation of new business.
- Delivering / exceeding monthly quarterly and annual target revenues.
- Identifying new revenue streams (on / offline) to generate sustainable growth year on year.
- Preparing sales plans for key accounts and new business strategy as appropriate.
- Ensuring customer activity levels are exceeded and reviewed in relation to engagement and analysis across calls, meetings, events, retention rates, average order values and opportunity generation.
Qualifications & experience; skills and competencies
- Ideally 5 years plus experience sponsorship solutions at Director level
- Experience selling in technology or energy sectors would be advantageous
- Track record of hitting monthly and annual revenue targets
- Thinks outside the box to provide create solutions for clients' needs
- Proven ability to generate new business as well as manage existing accounts
- Highly effective telephone and F2F sales skills, with strong closing ability
- Excellent oral, written communications & presentation skills.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.