My client an international events company is now looking to bring on a dedicated account manager on their ever growing technology division. The shows recent growth has necessitated the hire of an account manager to deal with tier 2/3 clients whilst also sourcing new business. The portfolio boasts a flagship exhibition in the UK and smaller satellite shows globally.
The successful candidate would be focussed on selling into the Central American Summit with a view to developing into a larger exhibition in the longer term. Although selling stand space will be part of the role more emphasis is on selling high level sponsorship solutions to the clients.
- Drive the majority of the sponsorship and exhibition sales for the Summits
- To effectively manage and grow key and strategic customer relationships, including retaining existing key accounts
- Successfully achieve and exceed specified targets and performance objectives for new, lapsed and retained business
- Adopt consultative selling approach and offering bespoke solutions; writing proposals to a high standard that sell the value of the solution
- Maintain strong sales pipeline through effective relationship building, call management and lead generation
- Effectively handle all interactions and relationships with accounts to grow the business, deliver excellent customer service and maximise additional revenue opportunities
- Be deeply knowledgeable about market, customers, competitors and products in order to sell creative solutions and deliver exceptional customer value to customers effectively
- Generate new leads by researching the market to identify trends and solutions
- Ensure accurate use and maintenance of the CRM system - Salesforce
- Sales administration responsibilities - including reports, meetings and robust sales plans
- Work in collaboration with internal teams e.g. Marketing, Content and Operations, ensuring all activities are considered from a customer's viewpoint
- Be able to demonstrate the value to the clients of our solutions and track how they perceive that value through the show/event cycle
- Minimum 2-3 years of sales and account management experience, preferably in exhibition and sponsorship sales
- Fluent English & Spanish communication skills (verbal & written)
- Experience of key account management and adding value to customers essential
- Proven new business hunter skills and target driven approach
- Proven track record of problem solving and constructive solution selling
- Use of Salesforce or similar CRM an advantage
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.