Sponsorship Sales Manager - Technology/Energy
£38k base plus uncapped commission (60-70k OTE)
Our client is looking to bring on proven Sales Manager to take the sponsorship lead across a newly acquired portfolio of technology/energy events. The portfolio consists of a flagship show in Europe which has been running 15+ years and the chosen candidate would also be responsible for generating revenue on other satellite shows that run globally.
As a sponsorship sales manager it is a pre-requisite that you are comfortable on the phone and f2f negotiating high value sponsorship deals with senior level executives. The role will be a mixture of new business and existing accounts as there are no set account managers within the business. You will be rewarded with an uncapped commission structure with a set percentage on everything you sell with no threshold.
- Ensuring maximum possible delivery against sales targets across the entire portfolio through the management and growth of key accounts and generation of new business.
- Delivering / exceeding monthly quarterly and annual target revenues.
- Identifying new revenue streams (on / offline) to generate sustainable growth year on year.
- Preparing sales plans for key accounts and new business strategy as appropriate.
- Ensuring customer activity levels are exceeded and reviewed in relation to engagement and analysis across calls, meetings, events, retention rates, average order values and opportunity generation.
Qualifications & experience; skills and competencies
- Ideally 3-5 years' experience sponsorship solutions at Director level
- Experience selling in technology or energy sectors would be advantageous
- Track record of hitting monthly and annual revenue targets
- Thinks outside the box to provide create solutions for clients' needs
- Proven ability to generate new business as well as manage existing accounts
- Highly effective telephone and F2F sales skills, with strong closing ability
- Excellent oral, written communications & presentation skills.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.