Handle are working a leading contemporary artist and his international practice to find a Studio Administrator to manage operations their London studio. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in during a period of transition and consolidation. The Studio Administrator will work closely with the Artist and Studio Director to provide excellent administrative and production support.
As the Studio Administrator, your key responsibilities would be to:
- Input and cross-reference artwork inventory using Artbase and keep the archive up to date.
- Provide information to support curatorial teams and gallerists for upcoming exhibitions, projects, loans, and any other requests.
- Review draft agreements and contracts for contractors and, if required, with legal advisers.
- Respond to press queries and copyright requests, issuing and processing agreements when required.
- Process orders, invoices and monitor contracts in partnership with bookkeeper.
- Organise Artist's travel and schedule, arrange meetings.
- Provide timely information to bookkeeper and UK/US accountants.
- Monitor studio budget and some production budgets.
- Liaise with institutions providing information for insurance of artwork, travel, transportation and handle any other related requests.
- Coordinate necessary paperwork for shipping of artworks.
- Coordinate writing and distribution of studio e-newsletter with Artist.
- Assist with general bookings, research, purchase of materials and studio supplies as requested.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Proactive and organised.
- An excellent communicator.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Suitable administrative support.
- A confident IT and computer system user, i.e. Microsoft Office.
- Familiar with databases, i.e. Artbase
Immediate interview for successful candidates, please apply with a CV and covering letter in the first instance to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.