Our client- a vibrant, progressive International retail brand, are keen to appoint a Supply Chain Assistant for a duration of 8 months.
As Supply Chain Assistant, you'll provide a high standard of customer service to Customers and Departments, receive orders from the Distributors and Buying Team, create purchase orders and sales orders, ensuring all internal and inter-company Standard Operating Procedure's (SOPs) are adhered to. You'll also be required to assist the US Team and Asia Operations with the management of the orders through production phase and communication of changes.
You'll be required to work with the Planning Team, US Team, and Asia Operations to ensure agreed operational processes are adhered to both offshore and in house and provide a high standard of customer service to Distributors.
- System and administration skills developed on modern ERP systems i.e. Navision, SAP etc.
- A good understanding of general merchandise ordering processes and factory operations
- A basic understanding of warehouse receiving operations and processes
- A sound knowledge of freight/ logistics movements and terms of purchase
- A working knowledge of customs documentation requirements, customs clearance processes
- Excellent skills on Microsoft programs, particularly Excel
- Strong numerical, analytical, and interpretive skills
- A proactive and "can do" attitude
- A willingness to push yourself beyond your comfort zone and develop your working knowledge in new areas
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to initiate and build good working relationships with other team members, distributors/customers, and customers
- Strong assertiveness and influencing skills amongst your own operational colleagues
The full job description will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.