Supporter Liaison Officer - Football
Handle Recruitment is working with a London-based Football Club to find a Support Liaison Officer to join their Support Services team.
As the Support Liaison Officer, you will interact across the club's supporter base whilst managing a wide range of issues affecting fans. The role reports in to the Executive Director but works very closely with the Customer Service Manager, Ticketing, Facilities and Stadium Planning teams to ensure that effective relationships are managed with all stake holders, including fans, police and local authorities.
Based out of impressive offices in London, the environment is vibrant and exciting. It's a great time to join this incredible brand!
Key features include:
- Building relationships with all fans by participating in various working groups, supporter clubs and managing all inbound correspondence
- Managing various Supporter Club CRM databases and ensuring compliance with GDPR at all times
- Managing and executing match-day requirements and engaging with fans to ensure they have the best possible experience
- Acting as the point of contact for independent supporter's groups/organisations and being the point of liaison for supporters at all home matches and a number of away matches
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience within a similar position - background in Football essential
- Experience handling difficult customer-facing situations with sensitivity and professionalism
- Clear, engaging and responsive communication skills
- Ability to project a professional image and build rapport with external customers as well as internal stakeholders at all levels
This position will involve match-day work so you will need to be willing to work over weekends and/or Bank Holidays.
If your experience matches the requirements above and you are interested in finding out more about this Support Liaison Officer position, please apply now.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.