Handle are excited to be working alongside a highly recognised TV broadcaster based within Central London. The role is to create, deliver and monetise a network of TV channels and services in the UK.
The key requirements of this role are to support senior members of the UK networks team in delivering this business objective through personal and team assistance/administration, and to work with our Movies & Entertainment channels group to prepare and complete timely and accurate channel schedules, and related functions for market-leading brands.
- Assist senior members of the UK networks team in running the department and fulfilling key duties, objectives and responsibilities
- Accurate and timely input of the monthly movies & entertainment schedules and related data into broadcast systems (including but not limited to Vision), working as an integral part of the programming team
- General admin related to the movies & entertainment channel scheduling and editorial function, including but not limited to support of the programme/movie acquisition function, tracker processes and arranging screening sessions, content/contract rights maintenance, raising PO's etc
- General and ad-hoc team support and co-ordination for both movies & entertainment and commercial departments, as required
- Create and manage presentations and spreadsheets, as required
- Ad-hoc research/projects to support line managers and the department, as require Co-ordinate complex meetings and events (in the UK and overseas as required); some travel planning and coordination; some diary management/room booking for line managers, when required; ensuring provision of appropriate facilities/IT requirements for events/meetings
- Liaise and work closely with adjacent depts/administrators, IT & Facilities, Creative, Marketing, Finance, Broadcast Services, Research, Legal and Los Angeles Head Office to ensure smooth running of the department
Qualifications/ Experienced Required:
- Typically, 2-3 years' experience of working in an office environment - experience in and enthusiasm for television/movies and content would be advantageous
- Educated to A Level standard, must have GCSE Grade C (or equivalent) in maths
- Highly numerate and IT proficient (MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint) - must be very adaptable and confident with maintaining and working with computer systems (particularly databases and tools)
- Experience of working with content scheduling or broadcast systems (such as Vision) would be a significant benefit - and/or demonstrable ability to learn systems and processes quickly is essential
- High level of organisation and ability to multitask, prioritise and meet deadlines whilst maintaining an extremely high level of attention to detail and accuracy - calm under pressure, and able to cope with multiple work streams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, enthusiastic and confident
- Keen team player
- Open, adaptable and collaborative communicator
This is a temporary contract for 6 months with possibility of extension/transfer to permanent.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.