Technical Manager - Theatre
£30,138 - £35,817 (DOE) + generous benefits package
Handle recruitment is working with a bustling entertainment venue, based in Surrey, to source a Technical Manager to oversee all the technical requirements.
Our client is a dynamic arts venue which hosts a wide range of events including live music, comedy, film, drama, exhibitions and conferences. They are looking for someone to come on board and join a hardworking, dedicated team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating, overseeing and realising all the technical requirements of the venue.
- Ensuring that working practices throughout the venue adhere to the organisation's Health & Safety policy and regulations.
- Being responsible for overseeing the expenditure of the technical budget.
- Liaising with hirers, promoters and other technical customers.
- Leading and developing the technical department.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong knowledge of all areas of technical theatre (lights/sound/stage/flys/AV/projection etc.) and familiar with forward thinking trends with relation to technical developments.
- Strong customer care skills.
- Proven leadership skills with experience of managing teams for get-ins, get-outs and running shows.
- Work effectively under pressure and whilst managing both administrative and operational workloads.
- Previous technical stage experience of working in a producing or receiving house.
- Alignment with the organisational behaviours of being Positive, Supportive, Flexible and Innovative.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, you will be supported in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
You will be provided with a generous annual leave entitlement of 36 days (inclusive of bank holiday entitlement) and employer contributions of 15% towards the pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and leisure centre membership.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast paced venue and work on a wide variety of shows and events. If you have experience in a similar technical role within a theatre or entertainments venue, this could be the role for you! Immediate interview for successful candidates, please email email@example.com with a CV and a short covering letter.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.