Ticketing and Sales Assistant Manager - Visitor Attraction / Heritage Organisation
Salary Negotiable DOE
Handle Recruitment is working with one of the World's most impressive Collections to find a Ticketing and Sales Manager to join their team in London.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Encouraging a collaborative approach between your team members and community spirit within the group
- Providing an exceptional customer and visitor experience at all times
- Building relationships with the Travel trade and maintaining pre-existing relationships
- Motivating your team to meet targets and deliver sales results
- Encouraging the personal development of staff members
- Delivering a truly memorable level of service at all times
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ticketing experience at managerial level - ideally, but not necessarily, in a Visitor Attraction, Museum / Gallery, Heritage Organisation or within the Travel trade.
- The enthusiasm, confidence and ability to deliver on sales targets
- Experience of managing, leading and motivating a team in a target driven, customer service environment
- A hands-on approach and the ability to lead by example
- Numeracy and a good level of computer literacy are vital to being successful in this position
- A flexible approach, you will be expected to work some evenings and weekends as and when the role requires and must be fully available to do so
If you are a Ticketing Manager looking to take the next step in your career, this is your opportunity to use your leadership skills to deliver the exceptional in a World -class organisation. Immediate interview for successful candidates, please email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.