Handle is working with one of the largest independent media producers in the country, on the search for a UK Tax Manager. Working closely with the UK Financial Controller, Group Head of Tax, Heads of Finance and UK payroll department, this role will deal with all areas of tax compliance and reporting for the UK Group. The role will suit a qualified tax manager who is a minimum 4 years post qualified, and has experience dealing with the key business taxes including corporation tax, VAT and payroll taxes.
Applicants from both practice or in-house backgrounds will be considered, though experience of dealing with medium to large UK groups, itself part of a larger international group, with numerous UK companies is preferred.
- Corporation tax - preparation of corporation tax returns (supported by finance teams and external advisors where appropriate), dealing with complex companies and issues, managing GPA, payments on account etc.
- Manage and optimise group's corporation tax position through (for example) efficient use of losses, capital allowances claims & identification of other appropriate opportunities for savings
- Financial Reporting - preparation of tax calculations for inclusion in monthly group reported figures, forecasts and budgets, and tax notes for statutory accounts. Support of positions taken and liaising with auditors to agree.
- VAT - manage VAT registrations & groups, manage quarterly VAT return process. Work with wider finance team to develop systems and processes that optimize VAT recovery and minimize manual input in return process.
- Tax Strategy & Policy Documentation - working with senior management to implement and document tax strategy & policies
- Transfer Pricing - maintaining UK documentation, periodic review of policies etc., interaction with Group Tax to ensure TP compliance on ad hoc transactions. Managing thin cap and interest deductibility work streams.
- SAO - manage filing process, ensuring appropriate documentation
- Manage CRM relationship with HMRC, dealing with open enquires, risk reviews etc.
- Payroll taxes, expenses & benefits - working with payroll & finance departments to ensure compliance & consistency across UK group - employee v self-employed status, PSA, P11D, WHT etc. Input into project to align treatment across UK group
- Significant advisory element - ranging from production specific queries, talent management/retention, M&A/structuring, permanent establishment reviews and more!
- A qualified tax manager, ideally with Big 4 experience & at least 4 years post qualified experience. Some post qualified In House experience would be an advantage
- Experience in a mixed tax role, or exposure across taxes preferred
- Sound knowledge of tax accounting (new UK-GAAP)
- Proven track record of delivering tax returns for a large number of companies accurately and on time
- Exposure to industry specific areas such as TV and film tax credits would be an advantage
- Understanding of the key tax issues for a multi-national group preferred
- Experience of OneSource tax compliance software an advantage
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.