An contract opportunity has just arisen with one of my leading Multinational Media Clients. I am looking for a looking for someone who is able to step into a VAT and Compliance Accountant position as soon as possible. If you have a good understanding of UK VAT, good with excel and handling high volumes of data, please get in touch.
The UK VAT and Compliance Accountant will support the UK Compliance Manager and EMEA Compliance Manager on local compliance, and VAT accounting and reporting, and related balance sheet reconciliations and analyses.
The specific general ledger accounting tasks to be performed by this position will vary and may include:
- Preparation of UK VAT
- Reporting of Foreign VAT incurred by the company
- Preparation and submission of monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations
- Identify and drive areas of improvement within current processes with the aim of maintaining the current high standard of service provided in a more efficient manner
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and Disney Minimum Control Standards by taking part in the annual SOX testing procedure
- Support management and wider finance team on any ad-hoc duties and projects
- Qualified, part qualified (ACA/ACCA) or qualified by experience (or equivalent)
- Proven experience of preparing and analysing relatively complex UK VAT returns
- Excellent excel skills and ability to manage large volumes of data effectively
- SAP experience (preferred)
- VAT Process improvement capabilities (preferred)
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Experience of working in a Corporate Environment
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.