A well-known charity organisation who specialise in consumer focussed reviews and comparisons are looking for a User Researcher to join the team. The role will be responsible for delivering compelling, inspiring and intuitive customer experiences across all of their digital channels.
The main requirements and responsibilities of the job are as follows:
- Work closely with Product Manager, UX and Creative teams, business stakeholders to design & develop outstanding products and services
- Apply user centred design approaches to address complex design problems and provide sound design solutions
- Coordinate user testing, interpretation of results, and incorporate results into design and development efforts
- Develop and manage user testing approaches, standards and guidelines
- Executing internal and external user tests. This involves:
- Work with the Principal UX to ensure that, as far as possible, all design and development activities and processes adhere to User-centred design methodology and principles.
- Continuously look for ways to improve processes, communication, quality and efficiency in relation to User Research work.
- Educate other members of Product Design team to demonstrate the value of user testing and UCD based methodologies
Skills and attributes:
- Thorough knowledge of UCD methodology & production processes.
- Highly collaborative approach to creative approaches both with business and Product Design and Development teams.
- Has a thorough understanding of new digital experiences and emerging trends to influence design practice
- Experience working in agile teams - Strive for a vision of design perfection but build iteratively over time
- Is always motivated to find the best outcome whatever the constraints
- Experience in managing user testing both internally and externally
- Recognised qualification / HCI, User-centred design
- Familiarity with usability, accessibility, WAI and Web 2.0 standards
- Experience in publishing/design/digital sector
This is a fantastic company to work for and a chance to work on some very exciting projects. If you're interested please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.