Our client is an innovative global community platform which hosts for a variety of industries across Media, Entertainment & Technology and are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to join their London team.
The role will be working closely with the CFO and assisting the finance team on:
- Providing timely and accurate financial information to the CEO and project leaders and advise/support them with financial issues.
- Assist the CFO with ongoing finance projects and business administration
- Assist the finance team as necessary with general accounting duties
- Work with the CFO and budget holder to create clear accurate budgets and provide timely and accurate forecasts against budget
- Work with the CFO to model and report on new business initiatives
- To prepare monthly trial balance and assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Prepare other financial/management information and analysis required
- Support the CFO in preparing the annual financial statements and generally assist with the annual audit
- Support the CFO with business administration tasks such as the administration of company insurance policies
- Crete sales invoices and credit notes as required
- Prepare, reconcile, and file quarterly UK and Dutch VAT returns
- Make corrections on the purchase and sales ledgers as and when necessary
- Ensure purchase invoices are coded correctly
- Ensure company credit cards are correctly entered and coded
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and make corrections as and when necessary
- Calculate and post year end prepayments
The ideal candidate
- Will have a recognised accountancy qualification (AAT/CIMA/ACCA)
- Experience working with a creative business
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.