I am looking for an interim corporate Tax accountant to join the world of TV.
This role sits in Group Tax reporting to the Group Tax Director. Group Tax is made up of five finance business partners (FBPs), who manage corporate tax (CT), VAT, employment taxes and expatriate taxes; three accountants who complete the UK VAT and CT compliance; a business analyst who supports on employment taxes and a part-qualified assistant who works across the team. There are also tax mangers in the US and India, who support with taxes in those jurisdictions.
Budgeting and forecasting:
- Provision of information, analysis and supporting commentary to a range of stakeholders.
- Review short term plans and assist in the production of budgets, extrapolation of trends and support the input of financial data.
Accounting and reporting:
- Review, analyse, monitor and update forecasts.
- Maintain short term financial plans, monitor and report actual expenditure against set budgets, assist with the closure of year end accounts and statutory reporting.
Controls and compliance:
- Improve efficiency and controls of financial processes, methodologies and environments.
- Develop, test and review new methods and practices.
Explain and reinforce Finance policies and guidelines
- Preparation of annual UK CT returns
- Responsible for quarterly CT forecasting and reporting, including calculation of CT payments on account and managing the group payment arrangement.
- Preparation of tax provisioning calculations at UK entity level for statutory financial statements and for BBC Group consolidations under both IFRS, FRS101 and FRS102.
- Preparation of all CT related journals for input in to the system.
- Monthly review of the CT balance sheet items to ensure the balances reflected are accurate.
- Management of the Senior Accounting Officer certification process
- Management of the CbCR process
- Advisory support for the CT FBP and Group Tax Director, for example proactive and pragmatic direct tax input on new initiatives, business line expansion and strategic plans across all business units (including ERP systems upgrades, transactions, setting up offices in new territories, property transactions), making tax digital, Business Risk Review, HMRC CT enquiries etc.
- Work with members of the wider finance community to promote and share best practice.
- Ensure effective governance, risk management and internal compliance processes and controls are in place.
- The candidate must demonstrate experience of UK corporation tax, including the preparation of returns in a complex environment with multiple country codes
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience of deferred tax and the preparation of notes to the Annual Report and Accounts
- Professional CTA tax qualification
- Keeping abreast of UK direct tax law, specifically the spirit and intention of the law
- Significant experience of delivering a high quality accounting and reporting service.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence
- Ability to take complex data/principles and to communicate these in an understandable way to wider team
- Knowledge of the theory and practical application of accounting principles and controls.
This is a hybrid role based in Central London, this role is for an ASAP start and will last for up to 3 months.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.