Events Marketing Manager- Premium Sports and Events
Hybrid role London- 4 days in the office and 1 day work from home (Non negotiable)
Keen to hear from Marketing managers who have experience delivering premium sports events- if you have worked across Action sports in particular I would love to hear from you!
We are working with a premium Sports business- the events marketing team bring to life the world of innovative premium experiences and content.
As Events Marketing Manager, you will help manage the sports event marketing activity. You will develop, manage and execute innovative marketing projects with the purpose of reaching consumers in the UK and growing the sport and fitness occasion.
- Drive innovation and creativity within the Events team to design new event concepts and activations which push towards both the UK and international business goals.
- Ensure event concepts are relevant for regional and national consumer groups offering personal experiences. Use marketplace and consumer insights to support the creative direction.
- Create new and unique touch points with existing and unfamiliar consumers, surprising and offering them incredible experiences at our events.
- Work closely with the global event team and collaborate with other UK teams to maximise the event output including Brand, Sales, Field and Business Services.
- Support the Partnerships team on sourcing appropriate 360 degree partners across all events and coming up with creative ways the partners can be integrated into our events.
- Grow a network within the world of sport; freelancers, agencies and organisations that we can work with.
Project Management of Events
- Drive UK and international business objective delivery across all events.
- Project manage both national and international titled events from initial concept to realisation
- Lead internal event project teams. A strong project leader should: Set clear goals but be able to adapt as things progress; challenge the status quo; turn problems into solutions and bring the best out of the team facilitating creative conversation leading to excellent marketing execution.
- Management of external partners including production agencies, stakeholders and consultants.
- Responsible for overall Events budget working with the wider events team and procurement to make event spend as efficient as possible.
- Minimum 4 years' experience in sports events marketing
- Strong affinity with the brand
- Genuine interest in and passion for sport
- Creative mind with a track record of putting new ideas into practice and assessing results
- Strategic thinker who uses initiative and takes ownership of projects
- Knowledge of marketing communications and storytelling with an emphasis on content in the digital and social media landscape
- Organised and adaptable
- An understanding of brands & how they operate
- Experience in commercial negotiation and contracts
- Personable, fun, communicative and calm under stress
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.