The Sales Development Representative will be responsible for pre-qualifying leads and prospects for the field sales team to close into new business revenue. The role will support the field sales team through a number of activities which include: pre-qualification of leads/opportunities; identifying potential budget holders and stakeholders on trials; proactive prospecting for new contacts; gathering testimonials/evidence for proposals, responding to inbound web chat inquiries
The role reports into the regional sales team with a dotted line to marketing, to ensure alignment around campaign activity. This role requires the applicant to actively prospect for new contacts as such, they must be comfortable in making 40+ calls per day to develop a good understanding of the product offerings.
Initially 12 month Fixed Term Contracts with the potential to go permanent. Hybrid - 2 days in the office a week required, £30k plus bonus.
- Prospect and build a sales pipeline for the field sales team via outbound calling and email communication
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up
- Research and contact potential budget holders/decision-makers
- Pre-qualify leads and book appointments/call backs for the field sales team
- Assign qualified leads/opportunities to the field sales team for further development and closure
- Follow up with each field sales manager to gather feedback and agree next steps
- Contact readers to gather testimonials and evidence to support sales proposals
- Act as a bridge between marketing and sales. Liaise with the marketing teams on campaign activity to generate leads and improve the quality of leads
- Record conversations with prospects on the CRM system for reporting purposes
- Weekly reporting, including successful calls made and challenges faced.
Required Skills / Experience
- Articulate and tactful communication skills, particularly on the phone
- Proactivity and readiness to learn and develop understanding of the product offering and value proposition.
- Effective internet research skills
- Self-motivated and driven with strong desire to succeed
- Organised and ability to prioritise busy workload in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work accurately, with strong attention to detail
- Display initiative in undertaking all aspects of the role
- Experience in lead nurturing, lead generation and appointment setting
- Good team player with a willingness to collaborate
- Be a willing contributor to the department, who offers ideas and suggestions.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.