Get Ready! Set! Bake!
Handle formed a partnership with Bearing 12 months ago, to create our Digital & Technology Division. Since then they have placed more than 200 technical candidates with our clients. To celebrate their 1st Birthday, Handle took part in the Great Handle Bake-Off, an opportunity for everyone to bring their Signature Bake to the Handle judges - to win a Festive Afternoon Tea at Claridges.
Please bring your Showstopper to the judging table
Each cake was judged on overall appearance, bake and taste. Once the verdict was reached, what was left of the cakes were taken to the kitchen where everyone could tuck in for a £1 donation. All proceeds would go to the winner’s favourite charity.
The Star Baker is revealed
There were entries that were fruity, sweet, scary and cute, but it was hard to compete with the winning delicious, chocolate Malteser cupcake baked by Jane Jones. We also helped raise over £100 for Jane’s chosen charity The Royal British Legion’s Poppy Appeal. If you would like to make a donation, click here.
Thank you to everyone who participated! Scroll down to see the bakes & what the judges thought.
- A Halloween themed chocolate cake baked by Sarah Cullen, Fashion & Retail Divison Recruitment Consultant. “Clever Halloween design on the cake and fabulous chocolate glaze” – Stephanie Goldfinch.
- A chocolate Malteser cake made by Jane Jones, Digital & Technology Division, Office Manager “The definite wow factor” – Tracy Chevannes.
- An impressive sweetie & KitKat combo by James Lesner, Digital & Technology Division, Recruitment Consultant. “Extra points for the number ‘1’ on the cake….1st anniversary” – Stephanie Goldfinch.
- A huge 3 layered chocolate and Rice Krispies cake made by Will Fraser, Digital & Technology Division, Recruitment Consultant. “Really looks like a showstopper – love the 3 layers!” – Tracy Chevannes
- A very pretty poppy seed and lemon cake with homemade profiteroles made by the lovely Jurgita McLeod, Accounts Department, Payroll Administrator. “Beautiful combination of flavours, a labour of love” – Tracy Chevannes
- A banana cake with lemon icing baked by Aryn Hurst-Clark, Director Executive Search & Handle In House. “Don’t let appearances fool you” – Brent Philips Head Judge.
- Some pretty pistachio and peanut butter fairy cakes from Jocasta Jones, Projects Assistant. “Very pretty cupcakes” – Brent Philips Head Judge
- A chocolate and coconut cake baked by Harry Clarkson-Bennett, Digital & Technology Division, Researcher. “I have never had a chocolate and coconut cake before… but I really like it” – Stephanie Goldfinch
- A proudly presented coffee and walnut cake by Tim Smith, Director of Digital & Technology Division. “Delicious Coffee Frosting…I’m going to ask for the recipe” – Stephanie Goldfinch
- An adorable red velvet and coconut polar bear cake made by Lizzie Keating, Administrator. “Outstanding polar bear’s face” – Brent Phillips, Head Judge
Stay connected by following the Digital & Technology team on Twitter, for updates on job placements, articles and insights. If you would like to discuss a possible job role, or you think we could help your company with the recruitment process, contact Tim Smith or call 0207 569 9921.