One of the UK's most recognisable and market leading FMCG food manufacturers requires an experienced Accounts Payable Assistant to join their Hertfordshire & London teams.
The primary role of the Accounts Payable Assistant is to ensure that all purchase invoices are processed a timely manner and that the invoices are paid to agreed payment terms. This role naturally involves problem solving and finding ways to improve processes.
The main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Resolve queries between Purchase Orders and supplier invoices by following the clarification process in SAP, and by contacting colleagues/suppliers.
- Communicate with suppliers regarding problems with invoices
- Communicate with internal colleagues regarding POs
- Ensure that invoices in query are followed up and that the number of outstanding invoices is minimised.
- Ensure overhead invoices and other invoices with no PO are correctly coded and approved in a timely manner.
- Ensure supplier invoices are correct (VAT number, addressed to correct company etc).
- Look for new ways of processing invoices to shorten the time to process.
- Ensure the top 100 suppliers send a statement on a regular basis (minimum monthly)
- Reconcile statements to supplier accounts on SAP, requesting copies of missing invoices/credit notes and follow up on action points.
- Efficient process and filing to enable presentation to Auditors at year end.
- Perform weekly payment run, ensuring that all payments to be approved by Financial Controller are correct
- Ensure that suppliers are kept up to date, and any queries from suppliers are answered in a timely fashion.
- Work with colleagues in the factory site on projects to improve processes and efficiency, for example the returns to supplier process, the goods in process...
- Generate Payment Statistics report to review with Financial Accountant/Controller before submission to National Statistics.
The ideal candidate:
- 2 years' experience in Accounts Payable in a Commercial Business
- Experience in Food, FMCG or Retail an advantage
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.