An experienced Accounts Payable Manager is needed to join the Head Office Finance Department of a leading UK television production and management group.
This role will provide support to the Financial Controller in taking ownership of the Accounts Payable function and therefore the candidate will need experience in effectively leading a small Accounts Payable team. The role is based in a dynamic environment and will require liaising with all levels of management within a creative industry. The candidate will need to be a dedicated Accounts Payable professional who is a self-starter that can contribute to a highly professional finance team. The person joining the team must thrive in an evolving environment and demonstrate a desire to drive change.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for the Accounts Payables function across multiple ledgers and entities in multiple currencies.
- Ownership of the payable controls inline with the group policies and procedures manual.
- Manage own company portfolio.
- Oversee and support the team with their portfolio of companies.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of data entry of purchase orders, purchase invoices, expense claims and credit cards.
- Reviewing and understanding the coding of purchase invoices, expense claims, and credit cards.
- Scheduling, preparing and reviewing UK and international supplier payment runs.
- Ensure compliance with VAT regulations with support from group tax manager.
- Manage the Accounts Payable team to provide a high-quality service and ensure that the teams processes and objectives align with the business requirements.
- Manage the performance of the team including goal setting, performance measurement, appraisal, and training.
- Drive forward effective relationships/networks internally and externally.
- Accounting system super user (e.g. setting up new users, amending authorisation matrix, updating currency rates and closing periods).
- Assist the Financial Controller with developing and implementing changes to policies and procedures.
- Preparation of the quarterly gift register for HQ entities.
- Preparation and assistance for the year-end audit
- Processing of cash receipts and payments and bank reconciliations in multiple currencies.
- Month end reconciliations and journals, including bank revaluations and creditors reconciliations.
- Provide assistance to the other HQ production payables function.
- Provide training to other HQ departments on expenses, invoicing and purchase orders.
The successful candidate must demonstrate that they have all the necessary personal attributes needed to perform this role. They must have:
- AAT qualified, or equivalent experience (understanding of double entry bookkeeping is essential).
- Dedication to an accounts payable career
- Experience in ownership of accounts payable processes.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.