BI Manager - Gaming / Retail
We currently have a Business Intelligence Manager role available for a high profile global Media and Gaming brand. This is a hands-on role working across a variety of teams and a great opportunity to oversee multiple high profile projects.
- Responsible for establishing and building Global sales reporting
- Technical capability to empower the commercial team with data & insights.
- Anticipate reporting and business insight needs, manage expectations of the business customers and shape a shared vision around reporting priorities
- Define reporting objectives & business requirements with stakeholders
- Scale capacity and expertise as we continue to expand globally
- Thought leader to identify and define new frameworks as the business scales
- Develop and maintain positive relationships within Planning and Data engineering
- Advanced Analytics: build, maintain and communicate time-critical & accurate business performance to leadership
- Advanced analysis: Analyse key business drivers, trends and performance indicators
- Advanced reporting: build & execute a transformational report delivery strategy moving D2C to self-serve reporting
- strong background in data and analytics
- eCommerce experience essential
- SQL, Excel and BI/ data visualization tools
- Data-driven insights to improve customer experience
- Excellent analytical abilities and strong business acumen
- This person must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and focus on generating results
- Strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the reporting & insight needs of senior leadership
- This person must be a solutions-oriented problem solver with a focus on generating impact
Nice to Have's:
- Gaming / D2C experience / Retail ecomm experience
If you feel you skill set matches the above requirements, please send your CV through or contact Robert on 0207569 9971.
BI Manager - Gaming
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.