Commercial Finance Analyst - Media - Central London
My client within the Media Publishing industry are looking for a Commercial Analyst to come on board on a permanent basis, working within a dynamic and friendly Divisional Finance team. Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will be responsible for providing key management information to teams across the division on sales, profitability, and projects.
This role would suit a candidate who is highly numeric with the ability to handle large amounts of data in a fast paced environment. Perfect for someone studying, this role will also offer study support!
- Analysis of commercial, customer and digital sales and profit performance, making recommendations for improvement and monitoring the impact of changes
- Present insights and data to colleagues across the business, and to external stakeholders when necessary
- Deliver sales forecasting and reporting, and drive enhancements to the processes involved
- Work with editorial colleagues to support publishing strategy through provision of financial and market metrics
- Interpret internal and external data to inform and advise divisional strategy (publishing categories, company acquisitions, budgeting and long-range planning, etc)
- Support the sales teams, Publishers and the Executive in developing and documenting business strategies
- Highly numerate and confident handling large data sets
- IT proficient with strong MS Excel skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate financial information to non-finance colleagues in an engaging way
- A curiosity to understand how the division delivers profitable growth and a desire to contribute to that growth
- Experience using Power BI or Tableau will be highly advantageous
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.