Cost Accountant - Media Publishing - Central London
I am looking for a Cost Accountant to join a Creative Media Publishing business based in Central London on a permanent basis. This Cost Accountant will be for responsible for ensuring that all titles are accurately costed; utilising all tools available to effectively monitor and analyse production costs; and promptly communicating any significant issues arising to management.
Reporting into the Financial Controller you will have full responsibility of the Cost Accounting and will be part of a great wider finance team. This is a great opportunity to join the business whilst they are going through an exciting time of change and development.
- Maintain the costing module of Sage X3, ensuring new product codes are created and unit costs set up on a timely basis, and that the module is updated with the latest budgets / estimates for each product
- Ensure all the processes within the costing module are completed correctly, and run regular reports to check on the integrity and completeness of data
- Proactively investigate variances between actual and budgeted costs, interacting with production and other departments to resolve costing related issues
- Ensure costings are closed out following print runs, so that any savings or cost overruns are released to the P&L on a timely basis
- Review in detail, code and sign off any purchase invoices related to stock/WIP and shipping, ensuring quantities and pricing are in line with expectations; investigate any discrepancies, liaising with production controllers and other departments as needed
- Review goods in; reconcile stock received to purchase invoices; upload printer receipts into Sage X
- Review month-end reports for accuracy, for example to ensure accruals are based on accurate unit costs
- Reconcile the WIP balance sheet accounts on a regular basis
- Prepare and post journal entries related to product costing, such as WIP & accruals adjustments
- Carry out analysis and produce reports on cost of sales & profitability
- Experience of cost accounting modules and processes
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including using vlookups, pivot tables etc
- Experience of Business Objects preferable but not required
- Keen eye for detail and highly organised
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- A proactive, self-starter, keen to enhance processes and develop the analytical side of the role
- Ability to explain financials to non-financial people
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels inside and outside the organisation
- A team player
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.