The Handle group was founded in 1978 and our heritage, passion, and specialisms are rooted within the media and entertainment industries. Handle Freelance Solutions was established in 2014 and has become the preferred outsourced payroll and compliance solution for an impressive base of Media, Entertainment and Fashion brands.
Far too many outsourced payroll solutions are rigid, lack flexibility and lack personality - we decided that this just isn't good enough for the creative freelancers and industries we support.
We are proud to be specialists and do everything we can to make sure that onboarding, pay and compliance will never stop great brands and their freelancers from being creative.
Handle is a very well known brand in the creative sector - we help leading entertainment companies, social networks, global media brands, sports bodies, retailers, and digital technology providers with a constantly evolving range of talent and payroll solutions.
What you will be expected to do
You will be accountable for the collection of funds for a portfolio of approximately 200 live accounts.
Key responsibilities & duties
- Collecting outstanding invoices by telephone and email
- Maximising collections by achieving cash target, Minimising aged debt, bad debt and DSO
- Ensuring the timely receipt of invoices by the customers and or uploading customer's invoices on various procurement portals
- Building positive relationships with Client accounts payable functions.
- Setting up Direct Debits and Negotiating Payment Plans
- Working closely with the sales team to resolve problem accounts.
- Escalating outstanding invoices to third party for collections
- Ensuring risk accounts are placed 'on stop' on database.
- Recording sales invoices for contract and permanent placements on relevant spreadsheets used for reconciliation, commission, tracking GP and monitoring performance.
- Liaising with clients to obtain PO numbers to submit invoices.
- Posting Sales Ledger receipts onto the cashbook and Sage
- Credit control - liaising with Debtors with overdue invoices and resolving any issues.
- Responsible for company banking
- Preparing Supplier invoices for input onto Sage (nominal coding, cost centres and authorisation
- Posting authorised invoices onto Sage
- Preparing remittance slips to be posted with payments.
Experience / Skills Required
- 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Credit control experience essential - must be able to demonstrate strong ability in all areas
- Excellent telephone manner and communications skills
- Have strong attention to detail, high accuracy, and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Happy working at a very fast pace, dealing with a high-volume workload.
How you will Shine
A great credit controller will be aligned to our values: authentic, creative, and tenacious:
- A problem solver
- A subject matter expert
- Highly organised
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- A passionate desire to succeed.
- A winning mentality
- The ability to overcome obstacles and be persistent.
- Free membership for HIIT workouts at Rowbots gym - unwind and de-stress to your hearts content
- Handle company trip away - always a good time had by all
- Monthly company meetings to toast our successes
- Generous holiday entitlements - we want everyone to have a well-balanced work-life life
- Quarterly team social outings
- Supportive and collaborative environment where your achievements are always celebrated
- Healthshield benefit allowance - we want everyone to be 100% feeling themselves where possible
- Career framework that's transparent so you know exactly how to hit the next milestone
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.