Handle are currently recruiting for an excellent part-time role for one of the biggest labels in the world and are seeking a Data Assistant. Your responsibilities will include managing royalty statement processing, ensuring accurate and timely royalty runs, releasing suspense items, responding to inquiries, and overseeing special projects. You'll take pride in your crucial role in maintaining precise accounting of royalties for our valued songwriters.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Cultivate effective relationships with Heads of Administration in European territories.
- Receive and analyse monthly cash receipt details and accompanying royalty statements from Affiliate offices, as well as data files from societies and third parties.
- Review and analyse data, ensuring accurate loading of royalties and creating reports/presentations for management.
- Create Excel files for processing as needed.
- Conduct monthly/quarterly income reconciliation.
- Serve as the primary contact for internal and external inquiries related to assigned territories, attending Affiliate "Global Admin Monthly" meetings as required.
- Collaborate with the team to reduce the value of income in Suspense through thorough research.
- Provide support to the International Royalty Processing Manager on issues and projects.
- Collaborate across the business, participating in company-wide projects and training sessions.
- Support the Global Administration Department on project-based work and adhoc duties related to the International Royalties Processing team.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in communication.
- Detail-oriented with an analytical mind and strong mathematical skills (royalties processing experience desired).
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a quick ability to learn new systems and processes.
- Proactive problem-solver using initiative to improve work processes.
- Excellent technical skills in Excel and data manipulation.
- Outstanding organisational skills with a results-focused approach to prioritisation, planning, and meeting deadlines.
- Proactive, flexible attitude with a willingness to learn.
- Team player with a passion for music, valuing creation and dedicated to servicing songwriters and rights-holders.
- Understanding or experience in the workings of a Music Publisher or Collection Society.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.