Email Marketing Manager
Handle are pleased to be working with one of the world's leading illustrated non-fiction publisher, to source a dynamic and experienced Email Marketing Manager.
This new, exciting position will be responsible for all email marketing communications in the UK, be responsible leveraging their content, brands, creativity and expertise by creating and implementing email marketing plans and campaigns to grow the communities, brand equity and retail sales.
Email is a key area of growth for the business. This role leads the development and implementation of that strategy, aligning closely with our social media and paid media strategies, as directed by audience development and other insights.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing an email strategy that focuses on meaningful community growth and aligns with our brand, audience development, social and paid media strategies
- Working with and responding to brand consultancy where appropriate
- Incorporating audience development insights into email planning, and respond to data, for example realigning audience focus, data lists and creative output as a result
- Looking at CRM solutions and refine our data lists according to brand strategy, audience, preference selection and behavioural usage, and plan a detailed email schedule accordingly
- Keeping an eye on industry trends, best practices and innovation, particularly regarding email personalisation, audience segmentation and automation
- Approaching new partners as agreed, to create business relationships that align with our audiences, increase our engagement and help grow our communities
- Developing and implementing (including planning, creating and sending emails), a detailed email schedule according to strategy
- Generating innovative ideas and engaging multi-media content through creative planning
- Incorporating front and backlist; featuring our books, authors, influencers, brands, partners, experts and readers
- Taking responsibility for efficiency for assigned marketing projects, tasks, campaigns, events and promotions that relate to our email marketing
- Briefing designers where relevant, following approval and quality control processes
- Developing new ways of getting consumer feedback and reviews via email marketing - managing direct relationships with our audiences as a result
- Developing a measurement and reporting framework, alongside our social media and paid media reporting, with support from our Data and Insights team where agreed, to measure and communicate our email performance to key stakeholders
The ideal candidate will have:
- Track record of email community growth and CRM
- Track record of measuring and reporting on email campaigns
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Excellent communication skills - one to one and in front of a larger audience
- Good strategic thinking capability
- Good understanding of social media, marketing and publicity
- Good understanding of the publishing and/or media industries
- Ability to work with figures and budgets
- Potential to develop leadership qualities; to lead meetings and people
- Proven decision making abilities
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about wanting to succeed
- Experience working with authors, agents, brands, designers
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish, within budget and on time.
- Customer focused and responsive, internally and externally
If your experience matches the requirements above and you're interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, please apply now! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV to apply!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.