New opportunity in for an Account Manager to work on the experiential events side of a leading Sports agency.
The role sits within the Brand Experience Division, working on an established account with a successful supermarket chain. You will account manage the planning of brand experiences and events, including multiple activation concepts across festivals, food and drink events, sporting events, cultural events, exhibitions and county shows.
As a key member of the team, you will be involved in the project planning from start to finish. From strategy, client presentations, budgeting, feasibility and event management, always striving to create 'best in class' brand experiences. This will be a hybrid working role, with team each with in our Orpington and London offices.
The job role will include tasks and responsibilities such as:
- Development and management of own relationship with the client, and day-to-day client management
- Maintaining good communication and reporting, externally with the client and internally within the wider group
- Understanding and developing client's project briefs and contribute thinking to shape strategic and creative platforms
- Steer in brainstorms, be creative and shape ideas, calling on your industry knowledge
- Deliver well written presentations in both content and narrative
- Project Management, ensuring the project systems and procedures are setup and structured correctly
- Plan and deliver projects, oversee on site activations, create and manage budgets and handle project administration
- Day to day financial control of client budgets - including pricing, profit, budget approvals and payments
- Managing venue selection and booking ensuring all H&S and other paperwork is in place
- Co-ordinate and manage staffing partners, production suppliers and any other third parties engaged for the delivery of projects
- Development and management of project timelines and maintaining project reports, job sheets and schedules
- KPI setting and campaign evaluation to include KPIs, key learnings and robust case studies
- Development of additional business opportunities within client accounts
- Lead by example: set standards and ensure best practice and high quality of work
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU NEED
- Experiential / Live events experience knowledge essential, both planning and on-site delivery
- Excellent Account Management skills
- Excellent planning and project management skills
- Ability to influence decision making processes, both within the Agency and the client organisation
- Ability to multi-task; you will be working across a number of activations with tight deadlines
- Ability to think on your feet and take appropriate actions to resolve any unforeseen issues as they arise
- Ability to enthuse and motivate others
- Ability to analyse project performance and provide confident structured feedback
- Financial and budget management, use of Microsoft Excel
- Presentation skills (both writing and delivery), internally and to clients / suppliers including use of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written - and attention to detail
- Creative thinking - the ability to come up with forward thinking experiential ideas
- Negotiation skills
Please note, owing to the nature of event delivery, there may be some unsociable working hours on occasion to accommodate the delivery of projects.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.