Finance Analyst - Media Publishing - London
Sitting within the Group FP&A team, based in London, this role has responsibility for a diverse number of central areas ranging from risk management and cash flow reporting to preparing insightful analysis to help with decision making during customer negotiations.
Candidates who are part qualified or studying towards a qualification would be ideal, this opportunity also offers study support.
- PRH Risk management and reporting : Work with business stakeholders to ensure all risks are captured, monitored and that there are appropriate controls in place
- Prepare insightful analysis to aid decision making during customer negotiations.
- Robust and reliable financial modelling to assess appropriate level of inter company trading terms.
- Prepare annual insurance renewal documentation and contribute to ensuring coverage is appropriate to help manage company risks. Be the business contact for insurance; queries on coverage, organising ad-hoc insurance cover as required and allocation of premiums across business units.
- Preparation of cash flow forecasting with strong understanding of actual reporting and variances to expectations and prior year. Main contact for parent company queries.
- Further develop Group balance sheet reporting and take an active role in understanding all balance sheet drivers and providing explanations to local management and parent companies.
- Calculating bonus payouts and working with HR and the business to ensure correct calculations for employee bonus payments.
- Further development of key financial reports to align with business needs.
- Responsible for bad debt provisioning calculation on a monthly basis and being involved in credit risk discussions.
- Maintenance of the Sales promotional tracker in Anaplan and working with the Anaplan developer within the FP&A team to drive development of the system to meet reporting and analysis needs.
- Ensure that promotional spend is accurately recorded, controlled and assessed for effectiveness.
- Accurately calculate and accrue for retrospective discounts and customer debit note deductions at month end.
- Monthly reporting and analysis for Catalogue Business Development project.
- Assist with the budget and forecasting cycle where required.
- Liaison with US parent company in relation to weekly reporting for cash flow, rolling forecast, capex and sales data.
- Ad hoc work/analysis as required.
- Expected to assist in other areas of the team as work dictates.
- Part Qualified CIMA / ACCA / ACA
- Financial and commercially aware
- Advanced Excel user (e.g. VLOOKUP, SUMIF, INDEX/MATCH, pivot tables, etc)
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated, committed and ready to lead change
- Able to consistently meet strict deadlines and to produce high quality information
- Ability to analyse problems, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- Able to manage multiple deadlines, projects and workloads
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.