Finance Assistant - Leading FMCG - Bishops Stortford
A newly created Finance Assistant role has opened up with a leading FMCG business based in Bishops Stortford. This is an analytical role which aids the Head of Operations Finance in providing meaningful and accurate reporting to the Operations and Supply Chain functions.
This is a great opportunity to join the company during an exciting time of growth and expansion. Candidates with 2+ years experience would be ideal and those looking to progress with a professional qualification would benefit massively from this opportunity.
- Produce weekly management reports to assist the Engineering and Technical managers to keep track of their spend
- Complete the weekly KPI tracker used by the SLT to monitor business performance
- Support the Head of Operations finance in the periodic Management Accounts and S&OP process
- Support the Head of Operations finance in the annual Budget process
- Maintenance and integrity of product costs on SAP and associated bills of material,
- Development of processes and SAP reporting and controls
- SAP training for all new starters
- Completion of monthly balance sheet reconcilliations
- Assistance with Adhoc tasks/Questions from business partners
- At least 2 years experience working within a Finance setting
- Has started a recognised professional qualification from a major UK accountancy body i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA (or equivalent)
- Proven Financial acumen and interest in the sector;
- Good communication skills and ability to work with non financial colleagues
- Strong attention to detail and a curious nature;
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise;
- The ability to work as part of cross functional teams and to build strong working relationships;
- Able to work in a high pressured environment and meet strict deadlines;
- Flexible approach to working;
- Desire and readiness to acquire new knowledge and develop new skills
- Good working knowledge and usage of SAP (or equivalent ERP)
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.