Finance Director - Sport
One of the world's fastest-growing sports promotions and broadcasting companies are looking for a 5 years post qualified Finance Director to join their passionate team.
The Finance Director is responsible for the day-to-day financial management; implementing and building the financial reporting and controls framework; building and leading the finance team.
- Responsible for overseeing all financial reporting requirements, including annual budgets, show budgets, group audits and statutory audits; monthly P&L performance and forecasting and balance sheet reporting.
- Cash flow forecasting and ongoing monitoring of cash requirements across the business.
- Technical accounting specialist and coordinator of changes in accounting standards and policies, as well as improvements and changes in reporting requirements under US and UK GAAP.
- Provide financial information to the CEO to assist in their decision making.
- Evaluate current and proposed business activities to ensure they are financially viable and in line with short and long term business objectives.
- Production of monthly management accounts. Preparation of reports and commentary for the Board pack.
- Process and systems improvements through streamlining, documenting and standardising processes, and system enhancement projects.
- Evaluate and propose the new finance team structure; develop, recruit and manage a team.
- Manage the month-end close and production of year-end financial statements; manage the audit process, negotiating accounting treatments with the Auditors where necessary.
- Establish, update and implement financial policies, procedures and internal controls, including a policy manual for the Finance function to ensure strong governance.
- An understanding of European tax
- Recognised accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with >5 years significant post qualified experience
- Up to date on Financial Reporting Standards, including FRS 102 and US GAAP, especially around acquisition accounting
- Excellent communication skills - with the Operations team, the Executive team, the Finance Team, Corporate, External Advisors and other Stakeholders
- Wider people skills - the ability to lead a high calibre team
- Exposure to US GAAP and SOX reporting
- Sound knowledge of corporate governance, audit and risk management and financial reporting and processes
- M&A, revenue recognition and lease accounting exposure
- Strong Excel and presentation skills
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.