Handle Recruitment are excited to be working closely with a well-established and cutting-edge Independent Record label in their search for a finance manager. Based in the heart of London this is an incredibly unique opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a Music Company currently at the top of their game.
The record label is seeking an enthusiastic, detailed, and analytical Management Accountant to work on an ever-growing artist roster. The candidate will lead on all accounts and financial reporting across the label and work closely with senior business figures and label heads.
This position is suited for a qualified (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) accountant and will involve the below tasks:
Assisting the COO with finance and all aspects of the transactional and reporting of Recording, Publishing, and other general company business affairs. Giving senior management insight into the whole organisation's performance, including royalties, transactional accounting, forecasting, budgeting, and analysing trends
Roles and responsibilities.
- Consolidating financial reports and cash flow performance across a multitude of companies within the group.
- Creating regular Revenue, P&L forecast reports
- Oversee the external accountants in day to day reconciliations, VAT returns and invoicing/payments
- Putting together reports for senior leaders
- Budgeting and planning yearly forecasting for each company
- Analysing royalty reports and interpreting legal documents for accounting purposes
- Reconciling sales revenue including neighboring rights, streaming royalties
- Auditing royalty statements received and making sure they correlate correctly to the deals
- Be front facing contact to artists and management about budgets and royalty reports
- Advising the COO, and other Directors on finance related decisions
- Developing and managing financial systems/policies
- Assist the COO in providing reports to external stakeholders, investors and shareholders.
- Help decision making by using financial modelling and scenario analysis to appraise proposals
· Studying or studied with professional accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or similar)
· Experience working within music and ideally royalties
· Passionate about music 😊
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong attention to detail and is confident working with numbers
· Good team player
· Microsoft Excel experience
· Experience working with music or media companies and working in a creative environment
This will be fantastic role for an ambitious individual who is passionate about music and will offer exposure to one of the most exciting industries around!!! APPLY NOW!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.