A prestigious independent book publisher is looking for a commercially minded qualified Finance Manager (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) to join their London team. The role offers excellent career progression and will suit someone who is equally comfortable with analysis as well as all the detail.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director and supported by the Finance Officer, the role includes both financial and management accounting and is ideal for a hard-working, ambitious accountant who can apply commercial and technical expertise to maximise the potential of a dynamic and creative organisation.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly and year-end accounts
- Oversight of purchase and sales ledgers and credit control
- Preparation of year-end accounts and information for the annual audit
- Presentation of financial results to the Management Board
- Business planning, including supporting the annual budget process, monitoring of performance against budgets, and monitoring the performance of individual titles against forecast.
- Maintenance of financial systems and procedures.
- Ad hoc analytical reports on any aspect of publishing to aid decision making.
- Managing relationships with banks, and account management to ensure sufficient funds are available to carry out companies activities.
- Fulfilling accounting and reporting requirements to both internal and external bodies including HMRC.
- Development of financial systems and procedures.
- Setting up of new financial management and reporting systems as required.
- The production of bi-annual author royalty statements and payment of royalties due.
Required qualities and skills
- You should be educated to degree level and hold a recognised professional accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Substantial relevant experience, ideally in a field with some relevance to publishing
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.