London based Film and Television Company are looking for a Finance Manager to join their team. Working within this fun and vibrant environment you will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) and have a passion for the Entertainment sector.
You will be used to managing multiple projects effectively and be experienced working with non-finance people. The successful candidate must be prepared to work in a "hands on" technical accounting position but also add commercial acumen and forward thinking to the accounting function.
The role is focused on but not limited to:
- Preparing monthly management accounts, including variance analysis and commentary
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing annual budget and re-forecasts
- Cash-flow monitoring and forecasting
- Stat and Financial Accounting
- Entity specific project reporting and analysis
- Maintaining a robust financial controls environment
- Overseeing payroll, including payroll year end reports
- Liaising with the auditors and overseeing the preparation of the annual financial statements
- Preparing group consolidations
- VAT returns
- Corporation tax
- AP/AR and transactional duties (Low volume)
Along with strong numerical skills and strong communication skills you will have a strong passion for the Entertainment Industry, particularly within Film and TV. You will have proactive attitude and a desire to add value to a company that is currently at the top of their game and sector.
You will be a qualified candidate and have a strong track record within an accounting function within the Media or Entertainment industry (Essential) or accountancy practice.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.